Re: Problems with pg_locks explosion - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Armand du Plessis
Subject Re: Problems with pg_locks explosion
Date
List pgsql-performance
I had my reservations about my almost 0% IO usage on the raid0 array as well. I'm looking at the numbers in atop and it doesn't seem to reflect the aggregate of the volumes as one would expect. I'm just happy I am seeing numbers on the volumes, they're not too bad.

One thing I was wondering, as a last possible IO resort. Provisioned EBS volumes requires that you maintain a wait queue of 1 for every 200 provisioned IOPS to get reliable IO. My wait queue hovers between 0-1 and with the 1000 IOPS it should be 5. Even thought about artificially pushing more IO to the volumes but I think Jeff's right, there's some internal kernel voodoo at play here. I have a feeling it'll be under control with pg_pool (if I can just get the friggen setup there right) and then I'll have more time to dig into it deeper.

Apologies to the kittens for the interrupting your leave :)