Re: encoding and LC_COLLATE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: encoding and LC_COLLATE
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:25 AM, LPlateAndy <andy@centremaps.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Adrian,

You’re right, i’m trying to get the copy command to put a load of data into a table. It’s now working fine except for any instances with an e acute

I tried putting “ SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO ‘UTF-8’; ” but still got the error. I guess that just because i’m verifying what’s incoming, it doesn’t mean it’s going to go into a database which doesn’t support it?

Let me know if i’m missing something!

First what is the actual error message you are getting?
Second is the data coming in actually UTF8 or some other encoding?

Cheers

Andy