Re: encoding and LC_COLLATE - Mailing list pgsql-general

From LPlateAndy
Subject Re: encoding and LC_COLLATE
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi Adrian,

You’re right, i’m trying to get the copy command to put a load of data into a table. It’s now working fine except for any instances with an e acute

I tried putting “ SET CLIENT_ENCODING TO ‘UTF-8’; ” but still got the error. I guess that just because i’m verifying what’s incoming, it doesn’t mean it’s going to go into a database which doesn’t support it?

Let me know if i’m missing something!

Cheers

Andy