Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 23:06, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> Thanks, updated patch attached.  You can see the output at:

Thank you for your work to tighten and cleanup this patch, much appreciated.

I had two minor typos, plus a slight rewording to avoid using the word
"global" in the last section, since that is associated with
distributed or 2PC transactions. For those changes, I provide a
patch-on-patch so you can see clearly.

In related changes, I've also done some major rewording of the RELEASE
SAVEPOINT command, since it was incorrectly described as having "no
other user visible behavior". A complex example is given to explain,
using the terminology established in the main patch.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

Attachment