Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 14, 2022 at 08:55:05AM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Oct 2022 at 23:06, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks, updated patch attached.  You can see the output at:
>
> Thank you for your work to tighten and cleanup this patch, much appreciated.
>
> I had two minor typos, plus a slight rewording to avoid using the word
> "global" in the last section, since that is associated with
> distributed or 2PC transactions. For those changes, I provide a
> patch-on-patch so you can see clearly.

Yes, I didn't like global either --- I like your wording.  I added your
other changes too, with slight rewording.  Merged patch to be posted in
a later email.

> In related changes, I've also done some major rewording of the RELEASE
> SAVEPOINT command, since it was incorrectly described as having "no
> other user visible behavior". A complex example is given to explain,
> using the terminology established in the main patch.

Okay, added.

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson