Re: Barman versus pgBackRest - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Poty
Subject Re: Barman versus pgBackRest
Date
List pgsql-general
> Do you just change the IP address of the "restore target"?
Do you expect a typical restore command? If yes, here is a small bash script I use for check restore ...

barmanBackupID=""
barmanBackupServer=$1
if [ 1 -eq $# ]; then
    echo ${barmanBackupServer}
    barmanBackupID=$(barman list-backup ${barmanBackupServer} |tac|tail -n2|head -n1| awk '{print $2}')
    barman recover --jobs 4 --remote-ssh-command "ssh postgres@srv397" --target-time "$(date +%Y-%m-%d) 23:30:00.000" --target-action pause ${barmanBackupServer} ${barmanBackupID} /mnt/data1/postgresql_postgresqlbackupintegritychecker_general/data
else
    echo "server name expected as the only argument of script"
fi

> Every N minutes you copy the WAL files to the backup server?
Currently I use barman configured with replication slot (for minimum data loss without beeing synchronous) and wal archiving to the backup server.
Wal archiving to the backup server is done through archive_command of postgresql.conf

Is it answer you questions?

Le mar. 4 sept. 2018 à 13:42, Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> a écrit :
On 03/09/2018 08:56 AM, David Steele wrote:
[snip]
>> About pgBarman, I like :
>> - be able restore on a remote server from the backup server
> This a good feature, and one that has been requested for pgBackRest. You
> can do this fairly trivially with ssh, however, so it generally hasn't
> been a big deal for people.  Is there a particular reason you need this
> feature?

(Sorry to dredge up this old thread.)