Re: why semicolon after begin is not allowed in postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Blackwell
Subject Re: why semicolon after begin is not allowed in postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I believe the section you are reading refers to the BEGIN keyword in the procedural language plpgsql, not the SQL 'BEGIN' command.  The issue stems from confusing two distinct languages both of which, along with several more procedural languages, are documented in the same manual.

Mike Blackwell | Technical Analyst, Distribution Services/Rollout Management | RR Donnelley
1750 Wallace Ave | St Charles, IL 60174-3401
Office: 630.313.7818
Mike.Blackwell@rrd.com
http://www.rrdonnelley.com