Re: ALTER TABLE behind-the-scenes effects' CONTEXT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE behind-the-scenes effects' CONTEXT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4 January 2016 at 20:44, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Maybe
there are more ALTER TABLE subcommands that should be setting something
up?  In cases where multiple subcommands are being run, it might be
useful to see which one caused a certain error message.

I like the patch.

We should have a message for each subcommand, since there are many that run for a long time and we support the optimization of allowing many subcommands together at once.

There should also be a comment about making name a requirement for any subcommand.

I think some additional tests wouldn't hurt.

Each subcommand message should be generated at least once in tests.

I await feedback from Simon Riggs, who set himself up as reviewer a
couple of days ago.  Simon, do you also intend to be committer?  If so,
please mark yourself as such in the commitfest app.

Happy to be the committer on this.