Re: ALTER TABLE behind-the-scenes effects' CONTEXT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE behind-the-scenes effects' CONTEXT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 January 2016 at 06:45, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 4 January 2016 at 20:44, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Maybe
there are more ALTER TABLE subcommands that should be setting something
up?  In cases where multiple subcommands are being run, it might be
useful to see which one caused a certain error message.

I like the patch.

We should have a message for each subcommand, since there are many that run for a long time and we support the optimization of allowing many subcommands together at once.

There should also be a comment about making name a requirement for any subcommand.

I think some additional tests wouldn't hurt.

Each subcommand message should be generated at least once in tests.

I await feedback from Simon Riggs, who set himself up as reviewer a
couple of days ago.  Simon, do you also intend to be committer?  If so,
please mark yourself as such in the commitfest app.

Happy to be the committer on this.

Marko, I was/am waiting for an updated patch. Could you comment please?