Re: [HACKERS] GUC for cleanup indexes threshold. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: [HACKERS] GUC for cleanup indexes threshold.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 25 September 2017 at 22:34, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> > Here is a small patch that skips scanning btree index if no pending
>> > deleted pages exists.
>> > It detects this situation by comparing pages_deleted with pages_free.
>
> It seems to work to prevent needless cleanup scans.

So this leaves us in the situation that

1. Masahiko's patch has unresolved problems
2. Yura's patch works and is useful

Unless there is disagreement on the above, it seems we should apply
Yura's patch (an edited version, perhaps).