Re: master fails to build on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sandeep Thakkar
Subject Re: master fails to build on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 5:19 PM, John Naylor <jcnaylor@gmail.com> wrote:
On 5/18/18, Sandeep Thakkar <sandeep.thakkar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was building the sources I got from https://www.postgresql.org/
> ftp/snapshot/dev/ on Windows x64 and got the whole bunch of errors
> like "*Cannot
> open include file: 'catalog/pg_type_d.h"* , *"Cannot open include file:
> 'catalog/pg_tablespace_d.h'" . *I've attached the log.

I'm thinking the include/catalog/pg_*_d.h headers got dist-cleaned
when creating the snapshot, and the build script doesn't know to copy
them over. If you're able to test, does the attached patch fix the
issue? (This may not be the right permanent fix, but hopefully it will
confirm my suspicion)

yes, the patch fixes the issue. Thanks.

-John Naylor

--