Re: PG 11 feature count - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PG 11 feature count
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 05/17/2018 04:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I regularly track the number of items documented in each major release.
> I use the attached script.  You might be surprised to learn that PG 11
> has the lowest feature count of any release back through 7.4:
>
>     7.4     280
>     8.0     238
>     8.1     187
>     8.2     230
>     8.3     237
>     8.4     330
>     9.0     252
>     9.1     213
>     9.2     250
>     9.3     187
>     9.4     217
>     9.5     200
>     9.6     220
>     10      194
>     11      167

Our goal should be less features so this is awesome. There is a point
where we should want to reach where we are refining only limitations to
perfection, not continuing to create the hot new thing. That is maturity
in the product.

Congrats to everyone for such a fantastic looking release,

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****