Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Prabhat Sahu
Subject Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for review.
This parameter should support all types of writing of the bool type like parameter autovacuum_enabled.
So I fixed in global_temporary_table_v24-pg13.patch.

Thank you Wenjing for the new patch with the fix and the "VACUUM FULL GTT" support.
I have verified the above issue now its resolved.

Please check the below findings on VACUUM FULL.

postgres=# create global temporary table  gtt(c1 int) on commit preserve rows;
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# vacuum FULL ;
WARNING:  global temp table oldest FrozenXid is far in the past
HINT:  please truncate them or kill those sessions that use them.
VACUUM

--

With Regards,
Prabhat Kumar Sahu