Re: pam auth - add rhost item - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From kolo hhmow
Subject Re: pam auth - add rhost item
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:47 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
On 15-10-2015 05:41, kolo hhmow wrote:
I have already explained this in my previous post. Did you read this?

Yes, I do.

So why postgresql give users an abbility to use a pam modules, when in
other side there is advice to not use them?
Anyway.

Where is such advise? I can't see it in docs [1].

Not in docs. You gave such advice:
"Therefore, advise PAM users to use HBA is a way to not complicate the actual feature".

I do not see any complication with this approach. Just use one
configuration entry in pg_hba.conf, and rest entries in some database
backend of pam module, which is most convenient with lot of entries than
editing pg_hba.conf.

Why don't you use a group role? I need just one entry in pg_hba.conf.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/auth-methods.html#AUTH-PAM
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/role-membership.html

Because cannot restrict from what ip address client can connet in such way.
You can restrict only whole group, not just individual member of such group, or I misunderstand something.

--
   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/