Re: TODO list updates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: TODO list updates
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 02:50:04PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>
>     I have spend the past few days updating our TODO list, removing
>     completed and now-unnecessary items:
>
>             https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Todo
>

> Thanks.  It can help encourage many new entrants to community.

I reduced the number of items from 466 to 410.

Probably the most controvertial change was to move on-disk bitmap
indexes to the "not wanted" section, though I kept the links in case we
change our minds.  I just can't see how they would be a win with GIN and
in-memory bitmaps.  (I don't think BRIN indexes help for on-disk bitmap
use-cases, do they?)

http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +