Error creating gin index on jsonb columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Glenn Zhu
Subject Error creating gin index on jsonb columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
We are getting an error on the following statement:

CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY customer_jsonb_fields_idx ON customer USING gin (jsonb_fields jsonb_path_ops);

ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 2013265920

Anyone know what is causing it?  It does not seem to be data corruption as when we deploy to multiple databases we got exactly the same error.

I did try to set maintenance_work_mam to 4GB and still the same error occurred.

Thank you.
-glenn
--
Glenn Zhu