Re: A few thoughts for further marketing - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: A few thoughts for further marketing
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jonathan.katz@excoventures.com> wrote:
On Sep 22, 2012, at 9:40 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com> wrote:
Also, simply linking to case studies from every conference in a
central location would be a giant step forward. Here's a wiki page
that I started if someone has few spare cycles to go through a few
conferences and link to slides/video:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Case_Study_Links

Did some updating, check it out: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Case_Study_Links

I was able to easily find the talk lists + presentation links for Open (2011, 2012), EU (2011) and PGCon (2010, 2011, 2012) and tried to pull out talks that were around case studies.  I tried not to choose talks that were "Postgres being used in <commercial product>" - and of course, I may have missed talks that should be in the list :-)

I don't think I have all of the PGDay NYC 2012 slides as we had a few case studies at that - I can try reaching out to the presenters to see if they would be willing to share their slides for the wiki.  I'm also going to try and go through our past NYCPUG meetup list to see if I can dig up some slides that would fit the "case study" bill.

Thanks so much for doing this!  :)

I'm very happy that we have such a great resource to point people to when they ask in the future.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com