Re: Blowfish Encrypted String - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Boyd
Subject Re: Blowfish Encrypted String
Date
List pgsql-general
Dmitriy,

Thank you very much for the reply!

Right...got the the data type...but how do I actually insert a binary string into the column?  What does the SQL look like?
For the moment assume I have the following bit of binary: 4PO„âÔ™ä²

What does the SQL look like to insert that into the bytea column?  (FYI...most of my binary data would be only slightly bigger than what I just pasted here.  I am not storing Word documents or images, just some encrypted strings of test that are not more than 100 characters long and typically about 16 to 20.

Thanks,

Craig Boyd