Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ryan Lambert
Subject Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I am unable to get latest patches I found  [1] to apply cleanly to current branches. It's possible I missed the latest patches so if I'm using the wrong ones please let me know.  I tried against master, 11.2 stable and the 11.2 tag with similar results.  It's quite possible it's user error on my end, I am new to this process but didn't have issues with the previous patches when I tested those a couple weeks ago.

Ryan Lambert

On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 5:07 PM Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:
On 03/23/19 18:22, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Out of curiosity, what further processing would you expect libxml to do?
>
> Hm, I'd have thought it'd try to parse the arguments to some extent,
> but maybe not.  Does everybody reimplement attribute parsing for
> themselves when using PIs?

Yeah, the content of a PI (whatever's after the target name) is left
all to be defined by whatever XML-using application might care about
that PI.

It could have an attribute=value syntax inspired by XML elements, or
some other form entirely, but there'd just better not be any ?> in it.

Regards,
-Chap