Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nikita Malakhov
Subject Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi!

I'll try to apply this patch onto my branch with Pluggable TOAST to test
these mechanics with new TOAST. Would reply on the result. It could
be difficult though, because both have a lot of changes that affect
the same code.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 12:01 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
On Sun, 2022-12-18 at 14:20 -0800, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Attached is v10, which fixes this issue, but using a different
> approach to the one I sketched here.

In 0001, it's fairly straightforward rearrangement and looks like an
improvement to me. I have a few complaints, but they are about pre-
existing code that you moved around, and I like that you didn't
editorialize too much while just moving code around. +1 from me.

--
Jeff Davis
PostgreSQL Contributor Team - AWS

--