Re: Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #14247: COMMENT is restored on wrong database - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Fwd: [BUGS] BUG #14247: COMMENT is restored on wrong database
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5 August 2016 at 05:03, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm all for an elegant solution here though at some point having a working solution now beats waiting for someone to willingly dive more deeply into pg_dump.  I too seem to recall previous proposals for COMMON ON CURRENT DATABASE yet here we are...

SECURITY LABEL ... ON CURRENT DATABASE    is needed too, and has caused real-world pain.

I tend to agree that adding and using ... ON CURRENT DATABASE is worthwhile now. It's guaranteed to be at least as correct as what pg_dump emits now.

We do have a horrible mess with how pg_dump handles database level properties, but I'd rather not try to deal with that at the same time, get into a long discussion and land up fixing nothing.