Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 29 January 2016 at 22:41, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
Michael,

* Michael Paquier (michael.paquier@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 6:37 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't think it moves the goal posts all that far.  Convincing
> >> pg_dump to dump grants on system functions shouldn't be a crazy large
> >> patch.
> >
> > I wasn't clear as to what I was referring to here.  I've already written
> > a patch to pg_dump to support grants on system objects and agree that
> > it's at least reasonable.
>
> Is it already posted somewhere? I don't recall seeing it. Robert and Noah
> have a point that this would be useful for users who would like to dump
> GRANT/REVOKE rights on system functions & all, using a new option in
> pg_dumpall, say --with-system-acl or --with-system-privileges.

Multiple versions were posted on this thread.  I don't fault you for not
finding it, this thread is a bit long in the tooth.  The one I'm
currently working from is

It strikes me that this thread would possibly benefit from a wiki page outlining the permissions, overall concepts, etc, as it's getting awfully hard to follow.