Re: WIP: About CMake v2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 25 November 2015 at 17:41, YUriy Zhuravlev <u.zhuravlev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Many prewritten CMake modules fail to follow basic practices that make them
> work anywhere but where the author wanted/needed.
Now everything is much better. And it is worth split "make" and configuration.
CMake better GNU Make and is similar to the m4 for configuring. But M4 older
and elaborated.

These are my feelings on the current work.

That's great to hear. It's been a long while since I worked with it, and it sounds like it's come a long way.

I'd be really happy to see a unified build system in Pg.