Re: handling of heap rewrites in logical decoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: handling of heap rewrites in logical decoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21 March 2018 at 21:20, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 3/21/18 03:08, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Why was relrewrite / Anum_pg_class_relrewrite inserted at position 28,
> not appended to pg_class?
>
> I don't see how it'd cause any harm, I'm just curious about the rationale.

Adding it at the end would not be appropriate, since those are
variable-length fields.  So I added it close to other fields of similar
purpose.

Right, that makes sense. You're renumbering attnos anyway, so you might as well put it somewhere logical.