Re: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take two - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Re: Rewriting the test of pg_upgrade as a TAP test - take two
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22 March 2018 at 09:39, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 10:51:04AM -0400, David Steele wrote:
> On 3/6/18 4:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> It seems the consensus is that we'll need a build farm update before we
> can move forward with the patch and that we don't need to wait long for
> people to upgrade.
>
> Andrew, do you have a date for the next release?

Even if a lighter version of this patch stripped from multi-version
support (Who uses that actually?)

I'm super excited by the idea of multi-version support in TAP, if that's what you mean.

Why? Because I use TAP heavily in extensions. Especially replication extensions. Which like to talk across multiple versions. I currently need external test frameworks and some hideous hacks to do this.