Re: Recently-introduced segfault in initdb? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Isaac Morland
Subject Re: Recently-introduced segfault in initdb?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18 March 2018 at 05:57, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
Isaac Morland wrote:
> OK, I must have done something wrong with the bisect the first time. Now
> I'm getting the following as the problem commit:
>
> fd1a421fe66173fb9b85d3fe150afde8e812cbe4 is the first bad commit

Did you run "make distclean" before git-pulling?  If not, maybe what you
have is an incomplete rebuild after the code update.  Unless you have
--enable-depend in your configure line ...?

Thank you, and sorry everybody for the noise. Yes, I just did a "make distclean" and then the build worked. Which still leaves the question of why some commits work and others don't, but some mysteries just aren't worth figuring out. I actually remember reading about distclean but didn't think of it when I actually ran into the problem. Thanks again.