Re: PostgreSQL as a triple store - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jimmy Thrasibule
Subject Re: PostgreSQL as a triple store
Date
List pgsql-general

> I think you're going to need to perform experiments and decide if the flexibility you get is worth the performance you're going to lose.
> As you can see from John R Pierce's response it is only matter of time before someone (correctly) warns you about the performance issues with EAV derivatives, but then the conversation becomes too abstract, at least in my opinion.
> Why? Because we don't know how much data you're going to process with this design, with what kind of hardware.

My data model is not completely ready yet and is still being worked on. But yes,  I think I have first to think more about how I will be using the data before looking at a storage model.

I will indeed run some experiments before but using this model, I was planning to but some complexity in the code.

> Also, your requirements sounds related to some projects that use PostGis, have you taken a look at that?

Never heard of it, I'll give it a look.

---
Jimmy