Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain
Date
Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Thanks for taking a look at this!  The word count returned by
get_previous_words was incorrect.  Here is a corrected version.

I haven't looked at v6 yet, but in v5:

"set work_mem TO" completes to "NULL" not to "DEFAULT"

line 2665 of the patched tab complete file,, should be "DEFAULT", not "NULL" as the completion string.  Looks like a simple copy and paste error.

For the bigger picture, I don't think we should not apply this patch simply because there is something even better we might theoretically do at some point in the future.   Having used it a little bit, I do agree with Robert that it is not a gigantic improvement over the current situation, as the code it replaces is largely mechanical boilerplate.  But I think it is enough of an improvement that we should go ahead with it.

Cheers,

Jeff