Re: (multiplatform) replication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: (multiplatform) replication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 10:49 AM W.P. <laurentp@wp.pl> wrote:
Hi there,
I have following setup:
- master database, 9.5.7, on I386 (Pentium M),
now i want to replicate database to:
- slave database. 9.5.7 on armhf (OrangePiPC+).
Is in possible?

I think the error message is telling you that physical replication is not possible across platforms as different as this.  You could go through the output of pg_controldata line by line to see what the differences are.  Although perhaps someone can just tell you off the top of their head.

Perhaps you can use logical replication instead, but to do that you should probably upgrade your PostgreSQL version to at least v10.

Cheers,

Jeff