(multiplatform) replication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From W.P.
Subject (multiplatform) replication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,
I have following setup:
- master database, 9.5.7, on I386 (Pentium M),
now i want to replicate database to:
- slave database. 9.5.7 on armhf (OrangePiPC+).
Is in possible?
I already followed "replication setup"
https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/postgresql-replication-on-ubuntu-15-04/
Downloaded and compiled 9.5.7 (same as on master DB) from source, as at
the beginning on ARM there was 9.4 PgSQL and I got "incompatible server
version" at 'pg_basebackup' step. If I initialize DB from scratch it
starts w/o problem.

Now "pg_basebackup" step succedes, but trying to start slave gives error:
'FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file'

1). Is it possible to manage such configuration?
2). How?

Best regards
Wawrzyniec Piotrzkowski
Poland