Re: DB size growing exponentially when materialized view refreshedconcurrently (postgres 9.6) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: DB size growing exponentially when materialized view refreshedconcurrently (postgres 9.6)
Date
List pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Vikas Sharma <shavikas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for advice in a issue where two materialized views are being refreshed concurrently and dbsize has grown to 150gb from 4gb in two days.

We use two materialized views to keep processed data for faster query results for a search function. Earlier materialized views were refreshed not concurrently and all was good on DB.

Where is the space going?  Does it show up in psql with \l+ ?  Does is show up in \dm+ ?  Does it only show up using OS tools in the data directory?  Which subdirectory of the data directory?

Cheers,

Jeff