PLPython Setup issue with EDB Windows Installer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anthony DeBarros
Subject PLPython Setup issue with EDB Windows Installer
Date
List pgsql-general
I sent a report to EDB about this, but since I'm not a support subscriber I am not sure it will get through. Thought I would share here and seek some tips or feedback.

---

Installing EDB Postgres Standard 10.4 on Windows 10 does not set up PLPython support correctly. (I also installed the Language Pack via Stack Builder.)

Following the installation, running CREATE EXTENSION plypythonu; generates this error:
"ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory SQL state: 58P01"

Trying CREATE EXTENSION plpython3u; generates this error:
"Could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/10/lib/plpython3.dll": The specified module could not be found "

To track down the issue, I used Dependency Walker (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) to examine plpython3.dll, which is stored in the Postgres /lib directory. That DLL is looking for the file python34.dll to be located in C:\windows\system32, but the EBD installer doesn't place it there.

The solution is to copy python34.dll into C:\windows\system32 from the language pack files. Once python34.dll is present in C:\windows\system32, then you can create the language.

This is a bit annoying and not easily solvable for a typical user!

Anyone here from EDB who can address the issue?

Thanks,
Anthony DeBarros