Re: AS OF queries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: AS OF queries
Date
Re: AS OF queries  (Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 6:00 AM, Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

There is still one significant difference of my prototype implementation with SQL standard: it associates timestamp with select statement, not with particular table.
It seems to be more difficult to support and I am not sure that joining tables from different timelines has much sense.
But certainly it also can be fixed.

I think the main use I would find for this feature is something like:

select * from foo except select * from foo as old_foo as of '<some time>';

So I would be grateful if you can make that work.  Also, I think conforming to the standards is pretty important where it is feasible to do that.

Cheers,

Jeff