Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Steele
Subject Re: Does PostgreSQL check database integrity at startup?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/26/17 10:57 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>     I'm rebuilding the standby server for two days already, with 23% of
>     completion status...
>     If lost the database and backups because of that failure, it would
>     be a giant disaster.
>     Few hours checking integrity would be acceptable... Specially if I
>     can run it on standby only.
>

> very simple check
>
> pgdumpall > /dev/null
>
> but this doesn't check indexes.

pgBackRest will validate all page checksums (including indexes, etc.) in
the cluster during backup.  Full backups check everything,
incr/differential backups check only the files that have changed.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net