Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Write Ahead Logging for Hash Indexes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think here I am slightly wrong.  For the full page writes, it do use
> RBM_ZERO_AND_LOCK mode to read the page and for such mode we are not
> doing page verification check and rather blindly setting the page to
> zero and then overwrites it with full page image.  So after my fix,
> you will not see the error of checksum failure.  I have a fix ready,
> but still doing some more verification.  If everything passes, I will
> share the patch in a day or so.

Attached patch fixes the problem, now we do perform full page writes
for bitmap pages.  Apart from that, I have rebased the patch based on
latest concurrent index patch [1].  I have updated the README as well
to reflect the WAL logging related information for different
operations.

With attached patch, all the review comments or issues found till now
are addressed.

This needs to be updated to apply over concurrent_hash_index_v10.patch.

Unless we want to wait until that work is committed before doing more review and testing on this.

Thanks,

Jeff