Re: Pgbouncer help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Pgbouncer help
Date
Re: Pgbouncer help  ("Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS" <ramkumar.yelai@siemens.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Yelai, Ramkumar IN BLR STS
<ramkumar.yelai@siemens.com> wrote:
> HI
>

> In our current project, we are opening several postgresql connection. Few
> connections are frequently used and few are occasionally used. Hence we plan
> to adapt connection pool method to avoid more connection to open.  We plan
> to use “Pgbouncer”.  Most of the pgbouncer example shows how to configure,
> but they are not explaining how to use in C++.
>

> Please provide me a example, how to use it in C++.

pgbouncer is designed to look (to the client) just like a normal
postgresql server.

If you want all connections to the database to go through pgbouncer,
you can move the real server to a different port, and then start up
pgbouncer on that vacated port.  In this case, the clients do not need
to make any changes at all to their configuration.

If you want to keep the real server on the same port as it currently
is and to use a special port to go through pgbouncer, then you need to
change the clients to use that new port number.  You do this the same
way you would change the client to use a different port if that
different port were a regular postgresql server.

Cheers,

Jeff