Re: pgbench progress with timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: pgbench progress with timestamp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:35 AM, Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

In the sgml, second should be plural in 'intead of the number of second
since the'.  And 'intead' should be 'instead'.

Ok.

--progress-timestamp     use a Unix-like epoch timestamp for progress
reporting

but that is getting pretty long.

Indeed. I've done:

  --progress-timestamp   use Unix epoch timestamps in ms for progress

A quibble, but it isn't in ms, it is in seconds.  The digits after the decimal point give a precision to the ms level, but they don't change the base unit.  I would just leave the units out of the help description, as the progress message itself includes the units.

Since this is mostly bikeshedding, I've marked it ready for committer.  Let's see what color they like the shed.

Cheers,

Jeff