Building from git source on ubuntu with gssapi - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Building from git source on ubuntu with gssapi
Date
Re: Building from git source on ubuntu with gssapi  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
I can't ./configure --with-gssapi from git on ubuntu 14.04.3 because:

configure: error: gssapi.h header file is required for GSSAPI

If I download the distribution-specific 9.3 source with apt, I find
their secret sauce to make it work:

./debian/rules:LDFLAGS+= -Wl,--as-needed -L/usr/lib/mit-krb5
-L/usr/lib/$(DEB_HOST_MULTIARCH)/mit-krb5

./debian/rules:CFLAGS+= -fPIC -pie -I/usr/include/mit-krb5

Usually the packagers' secret sauce is there to change the
installation locations and defaults and such, not to allow it to
configure and compile at all.  It makes it a bit hard to test new code
if you can't compile it without a bunch of messing around.

Is there something we can and should do to make this compile directly
out of git?

Cheers,

Jeff