Re: Turning off HOT/Cleanup sometimes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: Turning off HOT/Cleanup sometimes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 7:24 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 17 November 2014 at 22:08, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 17 November 2014 21:09, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> What happened to this patch?  I'm going over something that could use
>> the concept of "clean some stuff up when reading this page, but only if
>> we're already writing" or similar.
>>
>> I see some cases were presented that had a performance decrease.  Did we
>> get any numbers for the increase in performance in some other
>> interesting cases?
>
> It's not dead; it just needs more work. Maybe for next CF, or you can now.

Latest version attached for next CF

I still get the compiler error in contrib:

pgstattuple.c: In function 'pgstat_heap':
pgstattuple.c:279: error: too few arguments to function 'heap_beginscan_strat'

Should it pass false for the always_prune?

Cheers,

Jeff