Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Janes
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Thanks for the updated patch.

Now when I run the test program (version with better error reporting attached), it runs fine until I open a psql session and issue:

reindex table foo;

Then it immediately falls over with some rows no longer being findable through the index.

-- use index
select count(*) from foo where text_array = md5(4611::text);
0

-- use seq scan
select count(*) from foo where text_array||'' = md5(4611::text);
1

Where the number '4611' was taken from the error message of the test program.
Attachment