Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BRIN indexes - TRAP: BadArgument
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the updated patch.
>
> Now when I run the test program (version with better error reporting
> attached), it runs fine until I open a psql session and issue:
>
> reindex table foo;

Interesting.  This was a more general issue actually -- if you dropped
the index at that point and created it again, the resulting index would
also be corrupt in the same way.  Inspecting with the supplied
pageinspect functions made the situation pretty obvious.  The old code
was skipping page ranges in which it could not find any tuples, but
that's bogus and inefficient.  I changed an "if" into a loop that
inserts intermediary tuples, if any are needed.  I cannot reproduce that
problem anymore.

Attachment