Re: [GENERAL] Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis,amqp, s3 in the future? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Brusselback
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis,amqp, s3 in the future?
Date
List pgsql-general
there's also pg_agent which is a cron-like extension, usually bundled with pg_admin but also available standalone

https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/pgagent.html

In addition to that, there is also  jpgAgent: https://github.com/GoSimpleLLC/jpgAgent

It uses the same schema as pgagent in the database, and just replaces the actual agent portion of it with a compatible re-write.  Has been way more stable for us since we switched to it, as well as providing features we needed like email notifications and parallel running of steps.

Disclosure: I wrote it for my company... started on it well before all the alternatives like pg_cron, pg_bucket, etc came out.