Re: [GENERAL] Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis,amqp, s3 in the future? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Caching and Blobs in PG? Was: Can PG replace redis,amqp, s3 in the future?
Date
List pgsql-general
> On May 7, 2017, at 9:16 AM, Adam Brusselback <adambrusselback@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> there's also pg_agent which is a cron-like extension, usually bundled with pg_admin but also available standalone
>
> https://www.pgadmin.org/docs4/dev/pgagent.html
>

> --
> john r pierce, recycling bits in santa cruz
>
> In addition to that, there is also  jpgAgent: https://github.com/GoSimpleLLC/jpgAgent
>
> It uses the same schema as pgagent in the database, and just replaces the actual agent portion of it with a
compatiblere-write.  Has been way more stable for us since we switched to it, as well as providing features we needed
likeemail notifications and parallel running of steps.

> Disclosure: I wrote it for my company... started on it well before all the alternatives like pg_cron, pg_bucket, etc
cameout.

There's also pglater, which is a minimal external process that'll let you implement any sort of cron-ish functionality
entirelyinside the database without needing to be woken up every minute by an external cron.

https://github.com/wttw/pgsidekick

More proof-of-concept than anything remotely production-ready.

Cheers,
  Steve