Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Nick Rupley
Subject Re: BUG #10189: Limit in 9.3.4 no longer works when ordering using a composite multi-type index
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks Tom. We attempted to reindex:

mirthdb=# reindex index d_mm65_index1;

ERROR:  failed to find parent tuple for heap-only tuple at (14808,2) in
table "d_mm65"

Then attempted to drop and recreate:

mirthdb=> create index d_mm65_index1 on public.d_mm65(message_id, id,
status);

ERROR:  failed to find parent tuple for heap-only tuple at (14808,2) in
table "d_mm65"

Possibly related to:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5279FCC9-03B8-4BBA-8FF0-5B00B3F1332C@autouncle.com

http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/62819/what-does-error-failed-to-find-parent-tuple-for-heap-only-tuple-at-1192248-5

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> nickr@mirth.com writes:
> > It would appear that when you order on a column such that the query plan
> > scans across a composite, multi-type index (say, bigint and integer), and
> > the plan runs through an Index Cond, doing all that AND a LIMIT clause no
> > longer works. And by "no longer works" I mean the query does not return
> any
> > results when it should.
>
> I failed to reproduce any such problem in a little bit of trying.  Can you
> create a self-contained test case?
>
> The symptoms seem consistent with the theory that that index is corrupt
> ... have you tried REINDEXing it?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic
transmission may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the information
contained in this transmission is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify us by email reply
and then erase it from your computer system.