Re: Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Arevalo
Subject Re: Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method
Date
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 1:08 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 8/6/2014 3:43 PM, Jorge Arevalo wrote:

I want to connect to my local installation of PostgreSQL 9.1 using my machine user (who is vagrant). So, after reading PostgreSQL documentation, I thought I just needed to:

wouldn't it be easier to ...

    create user vagrant superuser;
    create database vagrant owner vagrant;

?

--
john r pierce                                      37N 122W