Re: Question about savepoint level? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Re: Question about savepoint level?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022 at 6:01 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-Oct-24, Richard Guo wrote:
> ISTM the savepointLevel always remains the same as what is in
> TopTransactionStateData after looking at the codes. Now I also get
> confused. Maybe what we want is nestingLevel?

This has already been discussed:
https://postgr.es/m/1317297307-sup-7945@alvh.no-ip.org
Now that we have transaction-controlling procedures, I think the next
step is to add the SQL-standard feature that allows savepoint level
control for them, which would make the savepointLevel no longer dead
code.

Now I see the context. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks
Richard