Should we use MemSet or {0} for struct initialization? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Guo
Subject Should we use MemSet or {0} for struct initialization?
Date
Re: Should we use MemSet or {0} for struct initialization?
List pgsql-hackers
While working on a bug in expandRecordVariable() I noticed that in the
switch statement for case RTE_SUBQUERY we initialize struct ParseState
with {0} while for case RTE_CTE we do that with MemSet.  I understand
that there is nothing wrong with this, just cannot get away with the
inconsistency inside the same function (sorry for the nitpicking).

Do we have a preference for how to initialize structures?  From 9fd45870
it seems that we prefer to {0}.  So here is a trivial patch doing that.
And with a rough scan the MemSet calls in pg_stat_get_backend_subxact()
can also be replaced with {0}, so include that in the patch too.

Thanks
Richard
Attachment