Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Marcia Rocha
Subject Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello
Thanks Daniel for your suggestion, as I just need the contrib package, I've done like this:
[root]# yum install postgresql14-server
After this, i've retrieved sources like your instructions and install those development groups and packages
and:
[root]# cd postgresql-14.2/

./configure --prefix=/usr/pgsql-14/

cd contrib

gmake

gmake install

After this, I could create extensions at database.

Thanks a lot

Marcia Rocha

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 3:35 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Daniel RC <drobcosta@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello Marcia.
> Have you tried compiling PostgreSQL?

Yeah ... I don't have a RHEL7 installation handy, but the official Python
installation in my RHEL8 workstation is 3.6.8, so it's impossible to
believe that RHEL7 shipped with Python 3.7.  What you have there is a
nonstandard software environment, and if you want to stick with it that's
going to mean doing some of your own building.

However, rather than compiling directly from source as Daniel suggests,
I'd suggest grabbing the SRPM for the package version you want and
building RPMs from that locally.  This is, generally, even easier than
building raw source, and it will make for a much easier transition from
your existing RPM-based installation of PG.

                        regards, tom lane