Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7
Date
Re: postgresql14-contrib does not install with libpython 3.7  (Alex Williams <valenceshell@protonmail.com>)
List pgsql-admin
Daniel RC <drobcosta@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello Marcia.
> Have you tried compiling PostgreSQL?

Yeah ... I don't have a RHEL7 installation handy, but the official Python
installation in my RHEL8 workstation is 3.6.8, so it's impossible to
believe that RHEL7 shipped with Python 3.7.  What you have there is a
nonstandard software environment, and if you want to stick with it that's
going to mean doing some of your own building.

However, rather than compiling directly from source as Daniel suggests,
I'd suggest grabbing the SRPM for the package version you want and
building RPMs from that locally.  This is, generally, even easier than
building raw source, and it will make for a much easier transition from
your existing RPM-based installation of PG.

            regards, tom lane