Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mike Palmiotto
Subject Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 10:47 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> While going over the contrib modules, I noticed that sepgsql was not
>> updated for partitioned tables.  What that appears to mean is that it's
>> not possible to define labels on partitioned tables.
>
> It works for me:
>
> rhaas=# load 'dummy_seclabel';
> LOAD
> rhaas=# create table foo (a int, b text) partition by range (a);
> CREATE TABLE
> rhaas=# security label on table foo is 'classified';
> SECURITY LABEL
>
> What exactly is the problem you're seeing?

IIRC the initial concern was that contrib/sepgsql was not updated for
RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE, so the post-create hook would not work
properly for partitioned tables.

I've looked into it a bit and saw a post-alter hook in
StoreCatalogInheritance1. It seems like it may just be an issue of
adding the RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE to sepgsql_relation_post_create.

--
Mike Palmiotto
Software Engineer